Thursday, October 16, 2008

smksu. batch 2004.

my batch from high school has turned 21 this very year. it was 4 years since we graduated high school.
some of us keep in touch.
some of us have lost contact.
some of us got married and have babies.
and others furthered their studies.

some are pilots now,
some are in medic schools.
some are major in economics.
and some are working coz maybe they lost interest in studying or maybe they can't afford it.

some of them were the best of friends in high school,
but now they barely know each other.

i was surfing through facebook, myspace and friendster. I've came across the pages of my old friends. some of them i didn't even care to keep in touch. I've only stayed in touch with my best friends. cancelling on dates to meet the others. i was and still am segan to meet my oldest friends as I'm afraid we would have awkward silences. while I'm being afraid of it, I'm losing the friendship. i saw my schoolmates' pictures, how they still are close friends with the friends back school. happiness showed by the way they smiled and it looked like they were having fun. and i felt jealous of it. i didn't have that. being afraid made me missed all of that.

i realized now that life is just too damn short to be afraid. coz when we are, we are missing a lot of fun and happiness. and simply just the friendship. i see some of us are building their careers, some are still trying to achieve their dreams, some of us just wouldn't care less. some of us are more daring, some -who were nerds- are now "kaki clubbing", some changed their hairstyles, but some still have the same old one.
in high school, some pretended they cared, but truly they didn't. some were being sincere,but we pushed them away. if anyone ask me, which part of my life that is the best? in a heartbeat, i would answer high school years.

some friendship ruined and cannot be fixed,
some rebuild it.
new friendships were made.
but the old ones remains.


p/s: to my batch, I'm sorry for all my wrongdoings, my harsh words, I'm truly sorry. i miss high school. our batch, especially. friends forever?

1 comment:

Suburbanzero said...

yosh sarah. long time no see. ;) ae blog rupenye. well, I've added your blog link into my page. senang2 lawat la my blog yg xseberapa tu. peace!